Wednesday 11 September 2013

Weird nuts..


Excuse my silence for a week but I have been on holiday! I left the laptop, manuscripts and artwork all behind on my desk and flew off to Amsterdam.
What a great place for a short visit, the weather was fantastic and the city was beautiful, it's so small that everything was in walking distance. We stayed on a houseboat on one of the smaller canals and the views out of the big windows up and down the canal was wonderful. It only rocked slightly when a boat chugged past, which is just as well as I am not the greatest sailor!
One of the highlights of the trip was the visit to the Rijke Museum, this has just been reopened after ten years of renovation. Considering the problems that they has with the water level under the buildings I am surprised they didn't put in a swimming pool as well. I got to see 'The Night Watch' by Rembrandt, well just, so many people had flocked to see after it has been tucked away for so long .
The flower market was great as well, I bought a very interesting seed, it was labelled as a Buddha Palm with instructions to soak in water until it sprouts.

It's the size of a large orange.I googled it when I got home and it is actually called the suicide tree (because the seed is really poisonous) or pong pong tree, I think I prefer the latter. So it will be interesting to see what happens

1 comment:

  1. ...super awesomeness! ~ blessed be! ~ dear kindred heart!...(O:

    ReplyDelete